· The ancient Romans used concrete forms made out of brick and poured concrete between them. These concrete walls are so strong that you can still see a number of them standing today, over 2000 years later.
· Today's stay-in-place “sandwiched” concrete forms connect two panels of insulation instead of brick. With the strength of today's concrete, these Insulated Concrete Form (ICF) walls are so strong that they can have incredible
free spans (up to 80' without internal support walls), with housing withstanding tornadoes and hurricane strength winds (see our picture gallery).
· The Perlitecreteä process is quicker than conventional construction. The Perlitecreteä ICF blocks are stacked together then filled with rebar and concrete. The panels offer incredible insulation; can be textured like wood, brick, stucco, or rock; are solid in color; and complete: the framing, insulation, exterior
sheathing, and attaching interior gypsum boards... all in one simple step. Perlitecreteä
can be cut, drilled, sanded, and screwed into with conventional wood working tools offering unlimited shapes and versatility.
· Massive energy savings are also realized due to the insulation and the thermal mass of the structure. Almost twice that of conventional insulation, ICFs reduce heating and air conditioning costs ~35% each year. As the cost of fuels continues to rise, this annual savings will become even greater.
o Super Strong Structure (framing)
o Massive Insulation (insulation and weather wrap)
o Exterior Finish (exterior surface)
o Interior Finish (interior walls)… all in one product!
Perlitecrete TM is a new and exciting product designed to bring strength, beauty, and quick modular construction to residential and commercial construction. Used for numerous purposes, it can be easily cut, drilled, screwed into, sanded, and solid in color. The product can take on many surface designs including: stucco, brick, rock, wood, or smooth.
Perlitecrete TM consists of the earth's natural products and Perlitecrete TM is earth friendly. Designed to reduce average utility heating and cooling usage by over 30%; Perlitecrete TM also eliminates the extent of forestry used in typical wood frame construction.
Standing up to
hurricane strength winds and resistant to fire, Perlitecrete TM adds long-lasting strength and durability to every construction project. One of its many features, Perlitecrete TM combines numerous construction steps into one simple product, increasing both productivity and profits.
How much can Insulated Concrete Forms alone save?
Houses built with ICF exterior walls require ~ 44% less energy to heat and ~32% less energy to cool than comparable frame houses. If Perlitecreteä tests out with an R-value of 40, Perlitecreteä savings could reach 80%.
The smaller heating and cooling components, needed for such an energy-efficient house, can cut equipment costs by an estimated $500 to $2000. The biggest equipment savings come with the houses that have the most energy savings.
How do we know all this?
The energy saving estimates comes from a study of single-family houses across the U.S. and Canada (Building Works www.buildingworks.com). Researchers gathered data on 58 houses in all. Half had exterior walls constructed with ICF concrete, and the other half was neighboring houses with walls constructed of wood frame. All houses were relatively new (less than 6 years old) and built with modern methods.
The researchers compared the energy bill of each concrete house to its frame counterpart, carefully correcting for important differences to get an “apples-to-apples” comparison. Estimates of equipment savings are actual numbers reported by contractors that build ICF houses.
Comfort... Houses built with ICF walls have a more even temperatures throughout the day and night. They have virtually no “cold spots”, and definitively fewer drafts.
Solidness... The rigidity of concrete construction reduces the flex in floors and cuts shifting and vibration from the force of the wind or the slamming of a door. Concrete houses survive high-force winds like hurricanes and tornadoes far better than traditional wood homes.
Quietness... Only about one-sixth of outside sound gets through an ICF wall compared with an ordinary frame wall. This sharply cuts the intrusion of noise from outside.
Plus… Perlitecrete’sÔ design results in massive construction savings up to...
~20% Savings over existing ICFs construction and
~10% Savings over typical stucco wood construction.
Perlitecreteä is the answer!
Concrete Home Stands Up to Tornado
Stoughton, Wisconsin, residents are picking up the pieces after a F3 tornado recently leveled most of the homes in the area. One home is still standing amidst the rubble: a concrete home, currently under construction in an upscale Stoughton neighborhood, built with insulating concrete forms (ICFs).
This ICF home was 85% complete when Hurricane Katrina slammed into the area on Aug. 29, 2005 with a huge storm surge and reported sustained winds of 125 mph. The water reached an elevation of 28 feet.
Perlitecrete cut with a Handsaw.
Beautiful and Functional.
ICF insulated concrete forms, panels, roofing, insulation, columns, fireplace surrounds, shower stalls, concrete pads... and so much more.
Build it for Life
Ultimate Building Material
- International 001.816.728.2261
- United States Toll free 1.888.877.2261
- Local to 816 and 913 area codes 1.816.728.2261
- Electronic mail
- General Information and Sales: Sales@Perlitecrete.com
- Comment Form: